Dear Dealer Partner,
As you are likely aware, Dahua acquired FLIR System, Inc.’s SMB business in February 2018. This letter is to inform you that we are phasing out the FLIR brand name for the SMB products. We are excited to announce that the SMB products will be rebranded under the Dahua brand name. Below is our plan to ensure a smooth transition.
- The FLIR-branded SMB team, who you have known for years, has now been integrated into Dahua’s sales team.
- FLIR-branded SMB’s existing customers will now be serviced by the new integrated Dahua sales team.
- Dahua will now provide its large and experienced in-field technical consultant group to ensure all customers have the very best infield tech support in North America.
- Existing FLIR-branded SMB models will continue to sell into the channel until the end of 2018. After December 31, 2018, no new FLIR branded inventory will enter the channel. However, all FLIR-branded SMB products still in the channel will be available for purchase by dealers and integrators who wish to purchase it until inventories are exhausted. All FLIR-branded SMB products will be supported until the end of the warranty period. In the event of a FLIR-branded SMB product running out of stock before December 31, 2018 all efforts will be made to offer a Dahua branded product at a similar cost (a cross over matrix is available at https://dahuawiki.com/FLIR).
- Effective November 1, 2018, Dahua will complete a product crossover with FILR-branded SMB, adding competitive high-resolution bundle kits to replace the existing FLIR-branded SMB kits. By December 31, 2018, Dahua will have all crossover parts available for full FLIR-branded SMB conversions including IP and HD over Coaxial (HDCVI), to the Dahua product line.
- Over the years, Dahua has developed a strong dealer program, and continues its commitment to providing our partners with comprehensive resources that will help them gain a competitive advantage in their market, such as, a 5-year warranty, project registration discounts, demo purchase programs, online training, advanced replacements, and more. We want to be a part of our dealers’ success. If you wish to learn more about the benefits of this program, please visit Dahua’s dealer partner page to sign up to become a registered Dahua All-Star Dealer Partner or contact your local Dahua representative.
With Dahua’s expanded sales team, technical support, distribution team, dealer program and marketing resources, we believe this transition will be a success and will better serve our customers with enhanced competitive product lines. We appreciate your past support and look forward to working with you as part of the new Dahua team.
To find your local representative, please call 1 866-344-4674 and enter extension 190 or 198
Vice President of Sales, North America,
Dahua Technology USA Inc.