The Information Technology Intern assists the Information Technology Engineers with tasks such as troubleshooting basic networking issues and daily help desk tickets. This role assists employees with problem resolutions pertaining to PC’s, software and other technology.
- Interprets, analyzes, diagnoses, documents, and resolves Level 1 IT issues related to internally supported hardware and software such as email, networking, VPN, PC hardware and software problems.
- Provide end-users problem resolution through phone calls and/or in person at desktop level.
- Images computers, conduct testing/cleaning/repair of equipment to prepares for deployment.
- Delivers, tags, installs and configuration of end-users’ PC desktop hardware, mobile devices and peripherals.
- Maintaining IT inventory.
- Preform computer equipment maintenance and software update.
- Field requests from employees across all North America locations and with assistance from higher-level team members determine the appropriate actions or processing to ensure prompt service and customer satisfaction.
- Performs other related duties and projects as business needs require at direction of IT Engineers and management.
- Moderate understanding of PC hardware configurations, Operating Systems (Window 7/10, Mac OS X, Android and IOS), Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Skype for Business), WebEx and networking concepts.
- Excellent organization skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to speak effectively to explain and interpret complex issues clearly with non-technical savvy audience.
- Effective communication and listening skills in a teamwork environment.
- Ability to physically take equipment inventory, including reaching/walking/kneeling in addition to performing cable management audits throughout facility to eliminate tripping hazards.
- Ability to prioritize, plan proactively, manage conflicting priorities and multi-task effectively.
- Prior customer service experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Dell and HP hardware and management utilities preferred.
- Must be available full days on Monday and Wednesday.
- Must currently be enrolled in school working towards degree.
- Prior experience or education in an Information Technology field or a moderate level of understanding of the Information Technology industry fundamentals and processes.
- 1-2 Years of college or technical programs in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology Management, Information Systems/Information Technology training; or equivalent combination of education and experience