Last modified: January 16, 2019
Children Under the Age of 13
The Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 should provide any personal information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Site or on or through any of its features, make any purchases through the Site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Site or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Site, including information that identifies you personally, such as name, postal address, e-mail address and telephone number (“personal information”). We also collect information that is about you, but individually does not identify you, such as demographic data, and information about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Site and usage details. Note that “personal information” does not include “aggregated” or “de-identified” information that cannot be used to personally identify you.
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us. We may also automatically collect certain information as you navigate through the Site, such as usage details, equipment profiles and IP addresses, by means of cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through the Site may include:
- Information that you provide at the time of registering for use of or access to certain sections of the Site, subscribing to our services, posting material, requesting further services, registering for newsletters or other communications, entering a contest or promotion sponsored by us, or reporting a problem with the Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses) if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research or other purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Site and of the fulfillment of your orders (note that you may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the Site).
- Your search queries on the Site.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Site, or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Site with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Site, including traffic data, location data, logs, other communication data, and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve the Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on the Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see the Section entitled “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information” below.
- Web Beacons. Pages on the Site and e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third-Party Software and Services
We may use third-party software and services to assist us in analysis, auditing, research and reporting with respect to the Site and to serve ads on our Site and implement e-mail marketing campaigns. These third parties may use web logs or web beacons, and they may set and access cookies on your computer or other device. You can set your browser to accept or reject cookies and to disable other tracking technology. The third-party sites may also provide additional opt-out methods. However, if you choose to block or delete cookies, certain features of the Site may not operate correctly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present the Site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information you request about the Company.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account or your product and service purchases.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Site or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Site.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the appropriate box on the form on which we collect your data or adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see the Section entitled “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information” below.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated or de-identified information about our users, and other information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about the Site users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see the Section entitled “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information” below.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of the Company, our customers or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, there will be link(s) at the bottom of the e-mail allowing you to change your subscription preferences. Any opt-out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
- You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Site and visiting your account profile page.
- You may also send us an e-mail at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Site who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Do-Not-Track Disclosures
Some web browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature that signals to websites that you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. How browsers communicate the Do Not Track signal is not yet uniform. For this reason, the Site does not currently interpret, respond to or alter its practices when it receives Do Not Track signals. Please note that third parties may collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you visit the Site or other online websites and services.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a user name and password for access to certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping these credentials confidential. We ask you not to share your credentials with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Site like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Site.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
By e-mail: email@example.com
Dahua Technology USA Inc.
Irvine, CA 92618
Attention: General Counsel