DSS Pro V8 has seven applications for managing your security system. Monitoring Center for live viewing and playback, Event Center for real-time and historical events; DeepXplore for data searching; Access Management, for access control, video intercom, visitor management, and attendance management; Maintenance Center for checking the health of the platform; Parking Lot for managing entrance and exit of vehicles; and Intelligent Analysis for business related needs.
DSS Professional can be used in various applications such as parks, chain stores, and logistics and scale to future needs. The software supports up to 2,000 channels, 1,000 doors and 400 TB storage capacity per server but can expand up to 20,000 channels and 4 PB storage capacity through a more distributed architecture.
For enterprise applications, its architecture supports hot standby and N + M redundancy enabling failover servers if the primary server goes offline. DSS Pro supports customized integration with other systems using our SDK and API and is compatible with ONVIF 3rd party cameras.
New User-Friendly UI/UE Design
We have redesigned and decluttered the DSS 8 interface making it more responsive, colorful and simple.
The system can be managed and operated by one single PC client through its fine-tuned authority management to control user’s different operations, maximize ease of use, and reduce training costs.
“3 + 2 + 1 + N” Application-Based Design
DSS 8 is designed based on actual business application, making it easy to use and reducing user’s time and costs. We call it “3+2+1 application-based design”. It is composed of three security application management modules, two target object (people and vehicles) management modules, and one system operation and maintenance management module.
Integrated & Real-time Monitoring
The LiveView interface provides various integrated resources such as videos, access control, webpages, maps, events, etc. for easier monitoring.
It utilizes interface expansion on the right side to respond to events in time. By dragging an event entry to any window, the related video will then automatically play from 15 seconds
before the event to 15 seconds after the event.
• Displays the overall situation of equipment, channels, storage, servers and faults, utilizes different colors to distinguish different status, and detects abnormalities intuitively and quickly.
• Shows the failure related trends in the past 7 days and provide timely warnings.
• Independently displays the operation and maintenance status of equipment, channels, services and faults, including online, offline, video quality, etc.
• Allows searching of faults history of equipment and services.
Automatically Send Reports
• Supports custom sending of report templates, including sending time, period, subject, data content, and recipients.
• Enables Administrators to make informed decisions through detailed reports.
The storage solution provides multiple options to maximize monitoring data security. The storage duration of each video channel can be configured and securely encrypted for network transmission, storage, download, and export. The three-tier hierarchy lets administrators define different levels of access.
DSS also offers central storage (IPSAN) to back up important recordings such as an alarm linkage alert or a backup recording after an event.
The integrated search function can archive people and vehicle entry and exit records, capture images of people, save driving records, and more.
Activity tracking enables records to be searched based off certain event types such as face images and tracks them in chronological order.
Case Archive and Report
A case library can be created in a unified manner to manage case-related events, pictures, videos, documents, etc. DSS also allows for the generating and exporting system reports, including basic information, videos, pictures, and updated records.
• Control users access based on their access permission.
• Synchronously backup important system logs to the log server.
• When system detects network attacks, users will receive notification by email, mobile phone, etc.
• CA certificate.
• Secure encryption on network transmission, storage, download, and export.
• The storage duration of each video channel can be configured.
Manage the entry and exit of people in residential areas, parks and other scenes to improve automation and intelligence. It includes access control management, video intercoms, visitor management, and attendance management.
Intelligent Analytics includes heat map, crowd gathering, and people counting statistics. Get actionable data with the optional POS license which provides even more insight to managing your business.
The customized retail monitoring system can quickly count customer flow and facilitate the preview of store monitoring information. The module can also assist with analyzing customer data and security.
The Auto-Registration feature gives peace of mind by limiting hacking potential and allowing for unlimited camera connections.
Managing multiple sites is easy with DSS Pro. Owners can manage multiple control centers and quickly switch between different service sites through the software.
The elevator control can be integrated into the personnel management system, which can hierarchically manage personnel access permissions and make records.
DSS Pro V8.3 takes security management to the next level by integrating Dahua’s innovative AcuPick Search Technology. This cutting-edge platform is specifically designed to manage all your security solutions, from cameras to recorders and access control. The integration with AcuPick provides a powerful search engine that effortlessly identifies and locates people and vehicles. Whether you are accessing live view or playback, DSS Pro enables you to utilize the AcuPick search engine for pinpoint searches and even allows image imports for more refined results.
Experience a new era of security management with the combined strength of DSS Pro and AcuPick.
**Version 8.3 (August 2023)**
- AcuPick Integration
- AcuPick algorithm integrated into DSS Pro, enabling object recognition and comparison functions on the platform.
- Access Management Interface Improvements
- Merged access control and elevator control modules for ease of access.
- Multiple configurations are simplified and unified into RULES Configurations.
- Added management of ZONES for enhanced convenience.
- Event Management Enhancements
- Capability to select multiple devices or channels to record as ONE Event Configuration.
- Alarm Transmission function expanded to include more alarm event types.
- Alarm Transmission with PIC now available for encoders and ITC devices.
- Optimized alarm display on video-wall.
- Maintenance Upgrades
- Added maintenance alert for streamlined operation and maintenance management.
- Introduced Network Topology support for network status monitoring and abnormal alerts.
- Alarm conditions can now be set to reduce false alarms.
**Version 8.2 (2023)**
- Advanced Parking: Improved Device & User Controls
- Count available open parking spaces within a parking lot or structure with Dahua ANPR camera
- Parking Space Tracking Dashboard for overview statistic with export options
- Customizable release rules for register/unregistered vehicles
- Added Hik Protocol for communications with recorders
- Added Custom alarm aggregation for relations to trigger time of two alarms
- Added Alarm Storm Config to set limits to trigger singular alarms within defined intervals
- Added holiday schedule for alarm trigger
- Access Control Upgrades
- Expanded Access Management for Access Control, Video Intercom, Visitor Management and Attendance Management
- Global management of personnel for entry management
- Added Elevator Control option to limit floor access based on face, card and group list
- Added new granular permissions
**Version 8.1 (2022)**
- Multiple Site Applications
- Simultaneously log in to multiple DSS sites using one client for previews, playback, and events
- Camera UI access from DSS
- Enables direct access to IPCs’ web UI via Auto Register for configuration
- Elevator Control
- New Licenses
- DSS8PRMSITE – DSS Multi-site license for DSS Professional V8, supports to enable PC Clients to access other sites or be accessed by PC Clients of other sites
- DSS8PRLC – One Elevator controller channel license for DSS Professional V8, no prerequisite
- SFBDESIGN1D – DSS Software-Business Design-License/Per Day
- SFDATAMIGRA1D – DSS Software-Data Migration-License/Per Day
- SFTRAINING1D – DSS Software-Training-License/Per Day
- Windows 11 Support
AcuPick identifies key video clips of humans or vehicles with remarkable speed, saving time and enabling faster access to critical footage.
Efficient Target Identification
With AcuPick, target extraction is simplified to a single pick, reducing the complexity often associated with traditional searching methods.
AcuPick utilizes comprehensive eigenvalues to ensure remarkable precision in identifying human and vehicle targets
Adapts to your business, scales with growth, enhances security without unnecessary cost or complexity.
As part of the search process, key features of human and vehicle objects are extracted from the IPC and NVR. This generates detailed information, known as feature value, which is then sent to DSS Pro for further processing.
DSS Pro, our advanced VMS software, saves and compares feature values from IPC and NVR with recorded footage to identify targets. Using cross-device retrieval, it searches across multiple sources, not just a single NVR, for more efficient and accurate results.
The AcuPick algorithm, now integrated with DSS Professional, enables real-time object recognition and comparison, not only from recorded playback but also from Live View. This means you can instantly search for targets as they appear. Although AcuPick offers automatic detectable object results, it also allows for manual searches by drawing interest borders around specific areas.